Monday, April 30, 2007

Allie's reading diary and fan fiction

Pirates

I found it interesting that there are so many loopholes in the laws that allow piracy. I found it very interesting that they view everything of being pirated from some form in the past. It basically talks about how everything, or most things that we use are born from some sort of piracy in the past.

Creators

I think this article is just saying what most peopel already know. Disney has taken old stories and turned them into what people want to hear and know. It of course did this to make money. Although some people might view this as not a new idea, because it is based on an old one, i think that it is hard to make something new, when you can recreate something that is old and make it better. I have not yet decided my opinion on this type of "borrowing" and whether or not i agree with it.

Declaration

I found this article somewhat ammusing. I think it is odd that "cyberspace" is talking to us and asking for its independance. I think it makes sense that we maybe shouldnt go so far in cyberspace and try to hv eit rule our lives. It is right, we don't know much about it, but I find it very odd that it is asking for its own independance.

Digital Speech

I think that this article shows that free speech is a totally different thing online. I feel that there is more free speech online then anywhere else. People can say and do basically whatever they want online. Is that too much freedom?? Should these people be able to do all this online whenever they want? The internet reaches almost everyone in the world, and everyone can say and do what they want. sometimes people can say inapproriate things, and that shouldnt be allowed evenr with free speech.

Fan Fiction

I had a hard time thinking about this and understanding it. I came up with something like a Gilmore Girls meets CSI show. I thought it would be interesting to have something such as a murder or someother detective type case go on in such a little quiet peaceful town. This case would get solved by lorelai and in the end it would bring her and Luke together for good. I think this would an interesting twist on a family show. And not to mention it would be a good way to finally get Luke and Lorelai together.

No comments: