Monday, April 30, 2007

Fan Fiction

While reading over some of the fanfic on fan fiction.net I was struck with an epiphany. Fan fiction really reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on for a long time, then it hit me. Adult Swim. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the television program that comes on late night on Cartoon Network but it is great. They show a lot of off beat cartoons that usually tie in a wide variety of characters and topics. One that in particular reminded me of the fan fiction I read is Aqua Teen Hunger Force. This show is way too weird and wild to try to explain so I suggest that anyone curious about it after this post should just check it out either on youtube or go to www.cartoonnetwork.com/thefix - and check it out. Anyway I bring this up partially because I feel that this is the audience that my fanfic would appeal to. So here it is.... The X-files meets the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Basically the storyline would begin as many x-files do with the hook. IN this case a young child walking his/her dog through New Jersey at night through a neighborhood. Next thing u know an eerie pair of hands grabs him/her. Then the plot goes on to explain that this is not the first time that this has happened.... so on and so forth. The aqua teens are introduced as alien invaders who are capturing these children in order to use them has a human energy source (in giant hamster wheels attached to some type of generator in the basement) to run the electricity at their home.

This may seem strange, but I think that my target audience would really enjoy this plot line because it has a lot of the intrigue that the aqua teen show offers along with many many opportunities for comical tirades by the various characters. Also the combination of these shows could offer some kind of background as to where the aqua teens came from and how a giant box of fries, a milkshake and a meat wad came to be alive and living together in New Jersey. Higher quality programming has not yet been written. If you are still in doubt, I implore you to check out the show for yourself, or you can go see the movie in theaters. Once your mind has been exposed to this show you'll understand where I'm coming from.

No comments: