Monday, April 30, 2007

FanFiction

When I started to read about slash fiction and fan fiction, I did not quite get what I was getting into. I started with slash fiction which seems to mostly be peoples projecting there sexual fanticies onto characters of movies. Something I did not find interesting.
As I moved through the readings fan fiction started to make more sense to me. I know many people who wish a show or movie would have a differnt ending or plot twist. For example on Gilmore Girls people want Lorili and Luke to end up together but it never seems to work. Fan fiction gives the die hard fans a place for them to make the stories fullfill their dreams for the characters. It also seems a place where people can contiue a show that is know longer on the air, and help fans connect together.
Somethings I found interesting is that most of the authors are female. What does this say? Do females get more attached to the characters in a show? Also can there be fan fiction for reality t.v.?
Lastly I wondered do the writers of this show ever read this for ideas. They could see what there fans wanted out of there shows. And if they did like the ideas could they use them or would it be illegal.
I have no idea what I would write for a fan fiction. I am not very creative, and never really get mad about how T.V. shows or movies turn out. I kind of feel that we cannot always have a happy ending and we can't always be dissapointed. I think the fan fiction I would write would be more of a in depth caracter anaylsis where I would write about the life they have beyound the movie or show. It would be hard to do that for a lot of characters because we already know about there lives. For example you could not do it on friends because we alredy know alot about there characters. But we could do it for a Law and Order character or an ER character, because those shows are more about there jobs then there lives. I could write about the struggle between having a personal life and such a demanding job, also about the indivdual ethical delimas they face in doing there jobs.

No comments: