Sunday, April 22, 2007

Josh's Machinima Proposal

The film I have in mind is basically using Second Life as a playground. As I explored the world of Second Life I noticed some very interesting weapons and vehicles, and I’d like to use those in some sort of pointless violent or slapstick film. The film’s plot would be a gradual escalation of weapons and vehicles, starting from the basic popgun which shoots paintballs to weapons of mass destruction, with a few cars, planes, and boats thrown in for fun.

I would only need a few characters for the actual filming (I would probably need 3 characters to serve as cameras for the film). The action can be done with two characters going back and forth at each other.

For props, I would need the weapons and vehicles (all of the ones I was thinking of using were found in the freebie warehouse, so they’re easily attainable). Give them each a few seconds to load, and they should work perfectly for the film.

For the set, I just need any place where I can spawn objects and fire weapons. I was thinking of using Santa Clara Island as my location, as there’s already a building there which I can use and rarely anyone there to interfere with filming, but I don’t know if that’s possible since I can no longer access Santa Clara Island.

If all else fails, I might just use a corner of the Linden weapons testing sandbox to film… after all, I don’t need that much space to show off shenanigans with random weapons and vehicles (although the water in Santa Clara Island would have helped with the nautical portion of the film).

No comments: