Tuesday, April 15, 2008

cyber vs the physical

Before our class discussion today if someone had asked me if cyber rape was really rape I would have said no. But after hearing what some of the class had to say I could see how in some ways it could be cyber rape. The fact that people are so attached to their virtual character and something is done to it against its will I could see it being virtual assault. The point that Jacob brings up about it not being in the real world is the part that I have a problem with. Physically it’s not rape at least the true real world definition of it. I never thought about the whole words hurt people’s feelings aspect of the situation though. It is just hard for me to relate with this person because they hold their virtual character so close to their emotional self.

No comments: