Thursday, May 3, 2007

Blogging on Blogs, Entry #1

Greek Tragedy- Stephanie Klein Blogs
I absolutely had a blast reading these blogs. I think most of the reviews of her blogs were right on when they compared her to a “Carrie Bradshaw” type of writer. Most of her blogs did remind me completely of Sex and the City. The blog itself, titled “be a sport”, was right on with the way women are when she talked about cleaning/snooping. As I was reading the responses on the website, however, one person had written to not speak of all women when she said cleaning is a form of snooping. I found that interesting considering I thought she was completely right. Not to mention I especially liked the part where she wrote “I’m a libra. I need peaceful pleasant surroundings. Oh blow me. It’s true.” I had to laugh at this because I am also a Libra and need absolute silence and no distractions while I study. Whenever I try to study in my own mess of a room I almost always have to clean it first (probably why I never study as my room is always a mess!) The blogs themselves were all done with a similar style of writing and seemed to be aim for more modern women as I could just picture my mother shaking her head in disbelief if she ever came to this website. I actually bookmarked her website because I enjoyed it that much and plan on reading more.
Alright, I'm pretty unoriginal with the filling in of these sentences, sorry about that!
1. If I were to maintain a weblog, I’d like to make it similar to the Stephanie Klein blog. I think it is the most interesting type of blog and her life was interesting. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable posting a xanga/live journal type of blog because I wouldn't feel comfortable having anybody read about my life.
2. The blog I just couldn’t stop reading was, again, the Stephanie Klein blog. There isn't much else to say about that, considering i've already written about it plenty.
3. The blog I really think other people should read is any of the personal blogs. I think they're more interesting than learning about blogging.

I agree with Julianne and Josh when they wrote how blogging is therapeutic. It does help us release tension and vent. However, I don't think I could ever be comfortable posting a blog that is so public. Some of those blogs were really personal and I feel like they were a bit personal which made me think some of them are made-up. I think a personal journal would be better for releasing frustrations. As for why we read blogs, I agree again with most, it is an assignment (at least it's fun though), because I don't see myself reading other blogs. Actually, come to think of it, I do read some friends Livejournals which are very edited because I still have to typically call my friends for actual accounts because often they aren't that detailed.

No comments: